Martino PicardoLocation: England, Greater Manchester, Didsbury Speciality: Manufacturing, Chemicals, Research
Martino was the first CEO of the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst (2010-2017) an ambitious concept to develop an Incubator and Accelerator, followed by a world class Science Park for the Life Sciences sector.
Martino joined Amersham International in 1991 and subsequently went on to manage the R&D Technology Transfer Group, based in Cardiff and developing high throughput screening technologies for the Pharmaceutical sector.
Following the merger of Amersham with Pharmacia Biotech, Martino became the Science Director for the Cardiff site.
Martino is now an Independent Consultant, based in Manchester.
He recently has had or in the following roles:
- Entrepreneur in Residence at UMIP (2017-19)
- Central Manchester Trust (Trustech; 2017-2018).
- Non-Executive Director of BIONOW Board, the Northern Trade Organization for Life Sciences.
- Chairman of the Discovery Park, Sandwich in June 2018.
- Chairman of a Biotech start-up (VisusNano Ltd.) that has recently attracted investment.