Modern Slavery Policy
Modern slavery is the offence of slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour and human trafficking. It is an abhorrent crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
Bubble Enterprises Community Interest Company and its parent company Bubble Partnership Ltd commit to upholding the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity in the way we conduct our business.
We strive to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in our supply chain or in any of our business activities and take a zero-tolerance approach to slavery in all its forms.
We look to our partners, customers, suppliers, associates and contractors to adopt and commit to these same principles.
This is the first Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement we have made, and it sets out the steps that Bubble Enterprises CIC has taken during the financial year ended 31st March 2021 to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in our supply chain or in any part of our business.
It additionally sets out how we will continue to develop and embed our assurance in tackling these crimes in the year ahead.
As a not-for-profit, we reinvest any money we make to enhance our service delivery, content and systems and are dedicated to making a positive difference and leaving a legacy of personal wellbeing.
Bubble Enterprises CIC and Bubble Partnership Ltd deliver a range of business and people-facing services across the united kingdom country. These include:
- Consulting services on business design implementation and operation.
- Consulting services on company set up and business model design
- Education programmes in partnership with third sector organisations
- Creation and operation of joint ventures with selected third sector partners
- Business incubation services delivered in partnership with selected organisations
- Promotion of associates through the Bubble Enterprises CIC
- Assistance to mental health service users in understanding the practical issues associated with creating and running enterprises.
- Employment and volunteering opportunities to service users in co-created companies.
Bubble Enterprises CIC Values
We are a values-led organisation that has a community of interest in specifically working with individuals who have or might use mental health services. We aspire to:
- Making a Positive Contribution to individuals and partners served
- Empower people, staff, volunteers and partners we work with
- Do the right thing at all time
- Listen and offer time
These values promote our responsible and ethical ways of working across activities.
Bubble Enterprises CIC actively manage our activities in ways that optimise our value to the communities in which we work.
Bubble Enterprises CIC seeks to work responsibly and with integrity,
Bubble Enterprises CIC strives to engage with projects that share our ethos of working with individuals who can be challenged.
Developing our Approach during 2019 we implemented an Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy and Modern Slavery Reporting Procedure This was undertaken to provide greater structure and visibility in our continuous effort to tackle this crime and to further define key responsibilities for driving forward our risk-based approach to Modern Slavery.
The board meet on an annual basis and work together to deliver the Modern Slavery Action Plan.
As such, we put ethical conduct at the heart of what we do, and our procedures include due diligence checks to prevent the occurrence of labour exploitation.
Bubble Enterprises CIC Employment Practices
The Recruitment and Selection Policy sets out our robust procedures to ensure that our recruitment processes are fully compliant with UK employment law.
- This includes checking right to work documents.
- We encourage openness and are committed to investigating any concerns raised by colleagues and stakeholders.
- We understand that tackling modern slavery requires our continuous effort, vigilance and review.
- Awareness Raising and Training – We understand that modern slavery is not easy to identify, or to deal with.
- We will work with our staff, our customers, clients, suppliers and partners to raise awareness about this issue.
- We plan to continue to undertake further Modern Slavery Awareness Events for external and internal stakeholders in the year ahead
Bubble Enterprises CIC fully recognises that combating modern slavery and human trafficking requires a coordinated, collaborative and long-term approach. We will continue to review our internal processes and monitor the effectiveness of our actions against modern slavery and human trafficking.
Signed by Director: Dr Leigh Wharton, Director 12th December 2020
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes The Growth Company and its subsidiaries’ slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31st March 2021. It has been approved and authorised by The Growth Company Board on 12th December 2020.